/ Are non-citizens eligible for financial aid?

Print Friendly

As a non-citizen you are eligible for federal aid only if you are:

– A legal permanent resident of the U.S. – A conditional resident with documention that is not expired – On refugee or asylum status in the U.S., (as stamped on your I-94) – A person paroled into the U.S. for at least one year and has evidence that they intend to become a citizen – A T-visa holder (a victim of human trafficking) – A Cuban-Hatian entrant – A battered immigrants-qualified alien or victims of domestic violence by their U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse. – A Canadian-born Native American, under terms of the Jay Treaty – A resident of Palau, the Marshall Islands, or Micornesia

If you are an international student on an F or J visa, you are NOT eligible for federal financial aid.

Posted in: General Information

Leave a Reply