/ Are there rules for immigrants to qualify for a Pell Grant?

Print Friendly

Yes. To qualify for a Pell Grant you must be able to live and attend school legally in the United States as a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or eligible non-citizen. If you are an eligible non-citizen, you must be a: • U.S. permanent resident (has Alien Registration Card or I-551); • Conditional permanent resident (has I-551C Card); • Refugee; • Asylum grantee; • Parolee; or • Cuban-Haitian entrant with an Arrival Departure Record (I-94) from the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS).

Posted in: Pell Grants

Leave a Reply