General Information

Print Friendly

General Information

What is the FAFSA?

Print Friendly

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA is the application used to determine your eligibility for federal, state and need-based institutional aid. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply. Once you have completed the application, the Department of Education will send ORU a report of your elligibility for aid.

How can I check my financial aid status?

Print Friendly

The most up-to-date status of your financial aid is available through Vision. Log in to the secure area, then click on “Financial Aid” and “My eligibility.”

In order to watch the “How to Access the Vision Website” video, click here.

In order to watch the “How to Accept Award Offers on VISION” video, click here.

Can my financial aid change?

Print Friendly

Yes. As listed in the award terms and conditions, your financial aid is subject to change. Factors that may affect your financial aid include (but are not limited to): Losing eligibility for scholarships/grants due to GPA/WPA; Enrolling less than full time; Completion of Federal Verification process; EFC change; State/Federal budget changes; additional scholarships/grants; outside resources such as scholarships or vocational rehabilitation. If a change is made for any reason you will be contacted via email.

How do I apply for financial aid?

Print Friendly

First, apply for a Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID. Your FSA ID will enable you to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) once the time comes. In order to apply for your FSA ID, just go to https://fsaid.ed.gov. Next, you should complete the FAFSA, as soon as possible after October 1st at http://www.fafsa.gov. You will need to reapply for financial aid every academic year. The ORU prioirty deadline for you to file your FAFSA is March 1. Students who complete their FAFSA early have the first opportunity for limited aid.

Do I have to complete a FAFSA each year?

Print Friendly

You must complete a new FAFSA  for each year while you’re in college and apply for financial aid. The new FAFSA becomes available on January 1 of each year.

What semesters are covered by the FAFSA?

Print Friendly

The FAFSA covers the fall, spring and summer semesters. For example, the 2016-2017 FAFSA covers Fall 2016, Spring 2017 and Summer 2017 semesters.

What information will I need to complete the FAFSA?

Print Friendly

If you are a FAFSA dependent student, you will need the following information for yourself and your parents. If you are FAFSA independent, you will need the information for yourself and your spouse, if married.

– Actual tax returns – W-2 forms – Records of untaxed income (e.g. clergy housing allowance information, veteran’s  non-education benefits records, military Basic Allowance for Sustenance records, statements of child support received, etc.) – Bank statements – Investment records – Business and farm asset information – Driver’s license number – Social Security Number – Alien registration number (for eligible non-citizens)

It is recommended that students and parents who have filed taxes, use the availabe IRS Data Retrieval Tool.  This tool automatically links tax information to the FAFSA, saving time and the likelyhood of falling into verification.  It also ensures that the proper information is entered in the correct line items. The DRS tool is available to use in the Financial Information section of the FAFSA.

What is a FSA ID? Has the FSA ID replaced my PIN?

Print Friendly

A Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID is a username and password that has replaced the Federal Student Aid PIN and must be used to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education websites. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. If you do not already have a FSA ID, you can create one when logging in to https://fafsa.ed.gov.

Yes, your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID should replace your Federal Student Aid PIN as your log in to U.S. Department of Education websites.

Where do I get a FSA ID?

Print Friendly

In order to apply for your FSA ID, just go to https://fsaid.ed.govYour FSA ID will enable you to electronically sign your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) once the time comes. 

My PIN is not working. What should I do?

Print Friendly

Your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID has replaced your Federal Student Aid PIN. In order to apply for your FSA ID, just go to https://fsaid.ed.gov.

For more assistance with your PIN, call 1-800-4-FEDAID.



What is the Student Aid Report? (SAR)

Print Friendly

The Student Aid Report is a summary of your FAFSA and its results that the Department of Education sends to the student, usually via email, after they have finished processing the application.  A student can also view their SAR by logging into FAFSA and clicking on “View Processed Information.”  The SAR includes the student’s Estimated Family Contribution amount (EFC) information. It will communicate if a student is in verification, or if the student has any issues to resolve (social security number, etc.).

How do I know if my FAFSA has been received?

Print Friendly

After you have completed your FAFSA you will need to wait at least 3-5 business days before attempting to check the status on Vision. You will see a received FAFSA listed under “My Eligibility” on Vision. If ORU has not received it by this time, please check the FAFSA website to ensure there are no errors displayed for you to correct and that you put ORU’s school code on the FAFSA.

How long does it take to process my file?

Print Friendly

Financial aid packages are generated weekly (beginning March 1 for the upcoming school year). Once your Financial Aid file is complete, your award will be available on Vision within one week. If you are a new student, your award letter will also be mailed to you.

I am not admitted to a degree or eligible certificate program. Can I receive aid?

Print Friendly

You must be a degree-seeking student in order to be eligible for federal financial aid. Contact the ORU Admissions Office to be admitted as a degree-seeking student.

Are non-citizens eligible for financial aid?

Print Friendly

As a non-citizen you are eligible for federal aid only if you are:

– A legal permanent resident of the U.S. – A conditional resident with documention that is not expired – On refugee or asylum status in the U.S., (as stamped on your I-94) – A person paroled into the U.S. for at least one year and has evidence that they intend to become a citizen – A T-visa holder (a victim of human trafficking) – A Cuban-Hatian entrant – A battered immigrants-qualified alien or victims of domestic violence by their U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse. – A Canadian-born Native American, under terms of the Jay Treaty – A resident of Palau, the Marshall Islands, or Micornesia

If you are an international student on an F or J visa, you are NOT eligible for federal financial aid.

What is Constitution Day?

Print Friendly

Constitution Day (or Citizenship Day) is an American federal observance that recognizes the ratification of the United States Constitution and those who have become U.S. citizens. It is observed on September 17, the day the U.S. Constitutional Convention signed the Constitution in 1787.

In recognition of this historic day, we encourage you to visit the following websites to become more familiar with our country’s foundational documents:




How can I receive updates about my financial aid?

Print Friendly

You can check the status of your Financial Aid at any time on the Vision website (vision.oru.edu). You should also be sure to check your ORU email account for email updates from the Financial Aid Office.

What are your office hours?

Print Friendly

The Student Service Group is available to students Monday through Friday from 9am to 4pm. If the Student Service Group is unable to assist you, they will make a next-day appointment for you with the Financial Aid Office. This will allow the Financial Aid Specialist to research your question and provide answers to any concerns you may have.

What is your address?

Print Friendly

ORU Financial Aid Office 7777 S Lewis Ave Tulsa, OK 74171

What is the fax number for the ORU Financial Aid Office?

Print Friendly

Our fax number is 918-495-6803. Please allow up to 2-3 business days for received documents to reflect on Vision.

What is the phone number and text number for ORU Financial Aid?

Print Friendly

918-495-6510 is the number and 918-518-1285 is the text number for the Student Service Group. They assist students who call regarding Financial Aid.  We return each and every voicemail, e-mail, and text message received within 24 hours so be sure to leave a message if you cannot get through.

Leave a Reply