My registration worksheet indicates that my financial aid appilcation is incomplete. What do I need to do?
In your Vision Registration steps, click on the hyperlink “Incomplete” next to Financial Aid. This should take you to the “My Eligibility” section for the current academic year.
The Unsatisfied Requirements section will display the information you need to complete or submit, and the Satisfied Requirements section will display the information you have completed. Any outstanding documents in the Unstisfied Requirements section must be submitted before you may complete your registration for the semester.
Below are step by step instructions on how to reach the Unsatisfied Requirements:
- Log onto VISION
- Click on “Enter into Secure Area”
- Log in with your Student ID (Z number) and Pin (6 digit birth-date)
- Click on the “Student Services and Financial Aid” tab
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “Registration Steps”
- Select a term (selected term should be “Fall 2013”)
- Click “Submit”
- Click on “Incomplete” for Financial Aid File
- Click on unsatisfied “Student Requirements” (blue words in center of page)
Click on any incomplete requirement that is listed under “Outstanding Requirement” and follow the directions to complete them. If you have any general questions feel free to contact the Student Service Group at 918-495-6510
Please note that the Financial Aid Office communicates regularly via your ORU e-mail account regarding incomplete or outstanding documents.
I have a balance due with Student Accounts. What options are available to me to complete the registration process?
You have several options to pay your balance for the semester and complete registration.
1. Sign up for the Tuition Management System (TMS) payment plan. To find out more information about this service, log on to the TMS website at oru.afford.com, or you may contact them at the address or phone numbers displayed below:
Tuition Management Systems, PO Box 645113, Cincinatti, OH 45264-5113
Toll free: 1.800.722.4867 or 1.888.713.7241
Please note: the phones are answered at TMS until 10:00pm each day.
2. Request an increase in an existing Direct PLUS Loan, or accept a declined Direct PLUS Loan on your account. If you wish to do this, please email email@example.com. Make sure to include your name and Z number in the subject line of the email.
3. Consider applying for a private educational loan. More information can be found about private loans on ORU’s Recommended Lender List located on our website here: http://www.oru.edu/financial_assistance/resources_available/alternative_recommended_list.php
Visit the University Store on LRC 3. Bring your class schedule and the University Store staff will assist you in finding all your books. They offer new, used, ebooks/digital textbooks and a rent-a-text program. You may also order online at oru.bkstr.com. Lastly, a complete book list can be found on vision.oru.edu after your class schedule has been finalized.
Full-time students at ORU are required to provide proof of health insurance or purchase a plan through Consolidated Health Plans at https://consolidatedhealthplan.com/group/228/home.
You will need to enter your policy information in your ORU Vision account, under “Registration Steps” and “Insurance”.
I am a new student. How do I access the Registration Steps on Vision and what will that process entail?
Watch this helpful video tutorial and follow the steps.
1. Access VISION
To ENTER the SECURE AREA in VISION, use your “Z” number and your PIN (this will be your six-digit date of birth until you change it).
Proceed to REGISTRATION STEPS. Make sure the term for which you are registering is selected (Fall 2014, Spring 15 etc).
2. Enter/Confirm your address, phone and cell phone information
3. Enter/Confirm your Emergency Contact information
4. Confirm or edit your ORU e-mail address and set your password
5. Declare your status as dependent or independent with regard to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) located under the Personal Information section.
6. Report your health insurance information, United Health Care plans are available through http://www.uhcsr.com
7. Select/confirm your meal plan for the semester (dorm residents only)
8. Review the number of credit hours in which you are enrolled. As a new student, the Comprehensive Advisement Center (CAC) has been involved in setting your schedule. If you have questions, please contact the CAC at 918.495.7018.
9. Complete any outstanding financial aid requirements as indicated on VISION.
10. Pay or make payment arrangements for any outstanding balance on your student account.
Yes, validation is a term synonymous with completing the registration process. You do need to complete the Registration Steps in VISION each semester.
After you have completed the registration process, go to the Eagle Card Center on LRC 3 and get your student ID card, aka, the Eagle Card. Your ID card serves as your library card, grants you access to certain buildings, has your selected residential meal plan, can have Follett or Eagle Bucks and more. www.oru.edu/eaglecard will give you more details.
We accept the following payment types in the Student Accounts Office: Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Money Orders, Cashier’s Checks and via a US Bank Wire Transfer.
For payments made online: Visa, Mastercard, Discover or ACH electronic payment from your US bank account. Payments online can be made via the http://www.oru.edu/current_students/pay_online/
For International students we accept International wire transfers via Flywire at oru.flywire.com
For information regarding a monthly payment plan, please see information in this section.
You may contact:
Student Loan Office
Phone: 918.495.6385 or 918.495.6368
Office hours: Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm